Influenza (flu) vaccine clinics are scheduled throughout the county in the fall of each year. The CDC recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive a flu shot each year. It is especially important for the following groups to be vaccinated:
- Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old
- Adults 65 years of age and older
- Pregnant women
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
Along with vaccination, practicing proper hygiene also assists in preventing the flu...
Remember to follow the 3 C's:
Cover your cough and sneeze!
Clean your hands by washing them thoroughly!
Contain by staying home if you are sick!
Upcoming Flu Clinic Schedule
No appointments are necessary for the clinics listed. Additional clinics may be added at a later date. Nasal spray is only available for children 2-18 this year.
Flu shots will be $30.00 except for children 6 months thru 18 years who qualify for VFC vaccine but do NOT have a Medicaid card. The fee for those children (6 mo - 18 yrs) is $12.00. People using Medicare Part B should bring their card to the clinics. Medicaid is only accepted for children 18 and under.